Mostov Chateau was apparently founded in the 14 th century. The first reference of the chateau dates back to 1353, when it was held by the Zoswitzers, the burghers from Cheb. However, not long after that, the Leuchtenbergs gained possession of the village and joined it to the fief system around Kynšperk nad Ohří.  

     The first manor house – a keep – was not erected in Mostov until the 15 th century, after it was acquired by the Hardeckars. The first mention of the keep appears in the early 20 ' s of the 16 th century. Archaeological research conducted during the course of the last reconstruction proved that the keep stood in the same place as did its younger successor – the chateau, presumably founded in the village as late as in the 17 th century. In 1757, it was described in the Theresian Cadastre as a smaller manor house. At some time in the 60's of the 19 th century, the chateau underwent reconstruction. The Kommers family rebuilt it into a Pseudo-Gothic residence, a style that was fashionable at the time. However, the material form of the chateau did no t change significantly compared to its condition in 1841. Georg Haas von Hasenfels , a large-sc al e industrialist and one of the owners of the Slavkov Porcelain Factory, purchased the estate from the Komm ers family. During the Haas period, the appearance of the outer facade was completed, as demonstrated by their family coat-of-arms on the frontispiece of the main façade of the chateau. In the early 30's of the last century, the chateau was still in the possession of Baroness Olga Haas, who lived here until her death in 1942.

 
 

     In 1945, the chateau was used by state farms for administrative purposes. In the 80's it served as a site for children's recreation. There is not much known about the interior furnishings of the building, as the chateau has been almost inaccessible lately. In its interiors, a set of interesting historical tiled stoves and Art Nouveau windows have been preserved from the original furnishings. In 1997, Mostov Chateau was successfully reunited with the traditional porcelain factory Haas and Czjzek in Horní Slavkov and in 1992, the castle was deservedly registered on the list of cultural monuments.
   

Castle park

   Castle park attracted many visitors, who enjoyed the peace for relaxation here. There were different beautyfied little shrubs and woods, mostly chestnuts, maples, planet trees, red beeches, weeping willows, tropical and subtropical plants.The whole garden architecture was a witness of the fact, that baron Haas created here a nice homely place on the earth for himself and his friends.

The old trees are now, after decades of ignorance, professionally treated by the use of the climbing technique. A part of them was cut down and replaced by the new young items. Nearly 90 well developed six years young trees were planted out in the genuin historical species structure. The parents can learn their children to know our nature in the park. This action culminated with symbolical plant out of the Czech and German national tree, the linden and the oak, on the May 2004, by the occasion of Czech admission to Europe Union.

  
Castle Bítov

Castle Bítov was built on the 70 metres high rock above Želetava river in the years 1061 – 1067. The owners were changing throughout the times and baron Haas comes here in the 1912.

His life was governed by two passions. He liked the animals, founded the zoological garden in the Bítov. He kept there more then 200 dogs, horses, and at the first place was she-lion Mitsi Mouse. As the second passion he had many girls from the country as the mistresses. He was never married and his life finished on the May 1945 by the shot from the pistol.